Today i would like to share with you all a simple tamballi recipe.An excellent accompaniment with rice and a superb digestive as well. I learnt this recipe from my FB friend Pooja Shenoy who comes out with incredible recipes which are made even more attractive because of the gorgeous clicks.All in all this recipe is from an wonder cook and a talented photographer.Thanks Pooja for a great recipe.
- 1tsp methi (fenugreek seeds)
- . 1/2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 3 to 4 red chillies depending upon the heat desired
- 1/2 cup of coconut grated
- half a cup of yoghurt
- salt to taste
1. 1tsp oil
2. half a tsp of mustard seeds
3. half a tsp of urad dal
4. a sprig of curry leaves
- Roast the methi, jeera and red chillies in a lil oil.
- Grind the roasted spices along with coconut, yoghurt and salt.
- Take the ground mixture in a bowl and dilute as per consistency required. Do not make it too thin.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard, urad dal and curry leaves and add this to the tambali
- .Keep covered to lock the flavours till you are ready to serve it .
NoteI ;- f you feel that the yoghurt is not very sour then you can add a lil tamarind pulp while grinding the coconut and the spices. Do try this recipe friends. The wow factor of this recipe is its simplicity.