Here is another nearly forgotten recipe made with brined Avallos / gooseberries . This is so easy & quick to make ..yet so tasty ! This recipe”s credit goes to my beloved and much respected friend – Jayanthi Kamath , so here is the recipe –
- Brined Avallos / Gooseberries- 4
- Boiled Potato – 1 (optional )
- Green Chilli – 1
- Salt if needed
- Garlic – 2 to 3 pods
- Red Chilli – 1
- Oil for seasoning
- Wash clean the brined avalos , slightly mash and remove the seeds , Add the boiled potato ( optional) and smash all well to a fine paste ,
- Add water to desired consistency . Add the green chilli and bring to a boil ,
- Check for salt and add only if necessary .( since the brined avalos already are salted).
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the garlic & red chilli , when browned pour over the saaru.
Enjoy with rice or as such .