Thazuthama / Hogweed used to be found growing wild in every backyard in kerala . Now due to urbanisation this is hardly to be seen . Those days this used to be collected regularly & a tasty dish made from this becuse of it incredible medicinal properties as it an excellent laxative , good for eyes , also acts as a diuretic.. If you are able to find this never lose the chance to make a tasty dish out of it
- Thazuthama leaves -1 cup ( leaves should be cleaned and washed well with water )
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil , mustard seeds , urad dal & methi seeds for seasoning
- Heat oil & splutter a tsp of mustard seeds . then add 1/2 tsp of urad dal & 1/4 of methi seeds and let them brown .
- Now add the leaves , coconut , spices & salt . Sprinkle water , Cover & cook till done .
Enjoy this hot with rice