Cluster beans are one such veggies which bear an odd taste because of which make some dislike them…. But try this simple stir fry or upkari which is one of the tastiest and simplest preparation of them…and you are sure to start liking them !
- Cluster beans cut lengthwise – 2 cups
- Red chilies – 4 to 6
- Jaggery – a small piece (2 tsp if grated )
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – as reqd.
- Take a pan …Heat oil and temper with mustard and broken red chillies…
- Let the mustard splutter and then add the chopped cluster beans…
- Stir for a while and then add salt and jaggery..
- Mix well .cover and cook in low flame.
- You can sprinkle water if necessary .
- Add grated coconut when the beans is almost soft and cooked.
- Keep on low flame. turn off when the water is fully absorbed.
- The tasty simple upkari with a mild sweetness is ready.
- Enjoy as a side dish with rice.