Today I would like to share with you all one of my most favourite recipes, Badam barfi or khadi as it is usually known as in konkani. These are just too delicious for words and no one can eat just one. It is an irresistible mithai for all occasions and kids and people of all ages take equal pleasure while indulging in this one. Do try it to know what I mean.
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Milk – half a cup or as much required to grind the almonds
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 2 table spoons
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Soak almonds in hot water for about 2 hours and peel the skins.
- Grind it with milk in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Then add the sugar and blend everything again till all the sugar is dissolved.
- In a nonstick pan, add the ghee and heat it.
- Add the almond paste and keep stirring on a low flame , till the mixture leaves the sides and forms a ball.
- This step takes some time and requires patience.
- Add the cardamom, mix well and flatten the ready mixture on a greased thali
- After some time cut it into desired shapes.
Note:- Once I cut them into flower shape using a cookie mould.. here is the pic of the same