This is a very easy and tasty side dish recipe . You can try this when you get tender ghosale / ridge gourd .
- Tender ridge gourd / ghosale – 1 small
- Green chillies – 2-3
- Onion – 1
- Butter milk – 1/4 cup
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp . some curry leaves & oil for seasoning.
- Chop the ghosale into small pieces, peeling its hard skin. Chop the green chillies & the onion too.
- Cook the ghosale with little water and switch off the gas .
- Add salt & green chillies, mix well .
- Now add the chopped onion, mix well so that they are blended well.
- Do the seasoning with the mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing
- Add this to the ghosale .
- Now add the butter milk & mix thoroughly!
Your tasty side dish is ready to serve with rice !
Instead of butter milk you can also use tamarind juice !
4 replies to “Gosala Bhajji”
So tasty ..loved this !!
Thank you Usha
Is the onion left raw , uncooked?,yum , sure to be tasty.
Sure Sangeeta, it is raw onion only