Shiv Karn is a special kind of gojju / side dish . This is especially prepared on Krishna Janmastami day!This is served along with the other prasads ! This is made from a special kind of cucumber called pickling cucumbers (See the pic given ). this is a simple tasty & very healthy dish ! so do try out !
- Pickling Cucumber – 1 medium sized
- Gabbo /banana stem – 1 small fresh piece
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3
- Ginger – a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Curds – 1 cup
- Peel and chop the cucumber into small pieces .
- Chop the gabbo into very small pieces .
- Chop the green chillies & ginger very finely .
- In a bowl add all the chopped ingredients & add salt .
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter the mustard seeds .
- Then add the jeera & curry leaves .
- Add to the chopped veggies . Add the curds & mix well.
Shiv Karan is ready to be served .