Double beans or Lima beans is one of our favourite pulses and the songh prepared using it is much more tasty. A very simple and tasty side dish with minimal ingredients …so here goes the recipe
- Double beans (soaked overnight ) – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Red chilli powder – 2 to 3 tsp
- Hing powder – 1 tsp
- Soak the double beans for at least 6 to 8 hours .
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy .
- Add red chilli powder and hing.
- To this add the cooked double beans.
- Add salt and cook covered till all the water is absorbed well and done .
Enjoy with dal and rice.
- You can use kashmiri red chilli powder to get the fiery red color .
- In that case increase the amount of red chilli powder to 3 tsp.
- Same recipe can be applied to thingalavro too.
- Please note that no curry leaves are added here.
5 replies to “Double Beans Songh”
Thanks for the recipe Priya.Tried it and loved it too.will be making this often.
thnks ashakka for the feedback…
Thankyou for tasty receipe
Very delicious and easy recipe priya
Thanks for the tasty & easy recipe priya..loved it