Double beans or Lima beans is one of our favourite pulses and the songh prepared using it is much more tasty. A very simple and tasty side dish with minimal ingredients …so here goes the recipe
- Double beans (soaked overnight ) – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Red chilli powder – 2 to 3 tsp
- Hing powder – 1 tsp
- Soak the double beans for at least 6 to 8 hours .
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy .
- Add red chilli powder and hing.
- To this add the cooked double beans.
- Add salt and cook covered till all the water is absorbed well and done .
Enjoy with dal and rice.
- You can use kashmiri red chilli powder to get the fiery red color .
- In that case increase the amount of red chilli powder to 3 tsp.
- Same recipe can be applied to thingalavro too.
- Please note that no curry leaves are added here.