“Bhenda thikshe” is one of the simplest yet tastiest side dish from bhindis which can be prepared in a jiffy ! I learnt this from my mother in law. It has minimal ingredients and a must try for all bhindi lovers.
- Bhindi (lady’s finger )- cut in long pieces – 10 to 12
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Hing powder (asafoetida )- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard and oil for seasoning .
- Choose fresh tender bhindis for this .
- Cut them in long pieces..
- Heat oil in a kadayi and add mustard to splutter.
- Now add the bhindi and saute for a few minutes.
- Add red chilli powder , hing and salt and saute for a few more minutes.
- Now add water , cover and cook till done
A little of the gravy can be retained which will enhance the taste .