Mulangi or Radish is a popular vegetable because of its many healthy benefits. We konkanis include this vegetable too in our cuisine. We make sambar, upkari , talasani and fries. A few don’t like this vegetable because of its strong smell.If you are one among them who have never tried this vegetable,Please do try it now and you will start loving this veggie .
My friend Sandhya has already shared her version of talasani, and few other recipes in this blog.Please refer the side dish page of the blog and search for mulangi recipes.Here I am sharing talasani which is prepared with garlic seasoning.
- Mulangi – 2 nos medium sized
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice
- Wash,peel the skin and chop the radish into thin roundels.
- Heat a pan with oil,slightly crush garlic with the skin and saute till light brown,
- Now add chilli powder,salt,sliced radish and lemon juice.
- Mix well and sprinkle little water.Close and cook on sim flame.
- Check for water occasionally,as there are chances of burning.If needed sprinkle water little by little and cook until the vegetables is soft and done.
- Serve hot with rice or with paej as a side dish