Our GSB cuisine contains some of the healthiest recipes including some healthy ingredients , Its full of fibre & loaded with nutrients and a good antioxidant too ! So no wonder that the healthy Sweet Potato is one of the favourite in our cuisine and a variety of dishes are made with it . The most simplest & tastiest being the simple Amchi upkari , So let’s glance at the recipe.
- Sweet Potato / Chinnikanang – about 1/4 kg
- Red Chillies – 3 to 4 as per spice level
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup ( optional – I didn’t add )
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Wash the sweet potato well taking care to wash off all the dirt .
- Add them in a pressure Cooker with water & cook for one whistle . Remember they cook fast and we don’t want them to get mushy . Alternatively – you can scrape to remove skin , cut into pieces & then cook in water .
- When the sweet potatoes have cooled ( after Pressure cooking ) peel of the skin and cut into small pieces . Heat a Kadai – ad the oil & then splutter the mustard .
- Break the chillies into two and add them in the hot oil .
- Now add the cut pieces and salt , Add the grated coconut now if you are adding .Mix well , cover and let simmer on low flame .
- Mix well and switch off after a few minutes .
Enjoy this tasty side dish with rice or as a snack with your evening tea !