This dish is a all time favorite of Mangalore G.S.B.
- One small Tender Jack fruit ( Kadgi )
- ½ Coconut grated
- 10 Roasted Red Chilly
- A gooseberry size tamarind
- 2 tsp roasted Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp roasted Coriander seeds
- Oil for seasoning + Roasting
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves.
- Salt to taste
- Remove the thick outer skin of the tender Jack Fruit
- Cut it into pieces and pressure cook
- Smash the cooked pieces manually. Keep it aside..
- Grind Coconut, Red Chilly, Tamarind, Urad Dal, Coriander seeds, along with salt (not so fine paste)……Heat oil in a kadai add Mustard seeds, curry leaves…,Sauté
- .Add ground masala ..Sauté…And add the smashed jack fruit pieces
- .Cook…& Sauté till the masala has been mixed completely with the smashed jack fruit pieces to a thick consistency
Kadge Chakko is ready….Serve with hot rice as side dish.