This dosa is normally prepared a day after Tulsi pooja.On Tulsi pooja we prepare a prasad with layee,jaggery and cardamon.when this prasad is leftover it is used to prepare dosa.Here I am posting savoury version of the dosa.
- 1/2 cup urad dhal
- 1 cup raw rice
- 3/4 cp layee (popped rice)
- 1 tsp methi
- oil for roasting
- Soak urad dhal and methi together and raw rice separately in water for 2-3 hrs.
- Grind these separately but add the washed layee while grinding the rice.
- Now add both the paste together and mix very well.
- Add salt to taste and ferment overnight.
- Prepare thick/thin dosas covered with lid and smeared with oil.
- Roast one side only.
For sweet version: while grinding the rice, add coconut 1/4 cup,jaggery 1 tbsp (according to the sweetness you require) and cardamom powder.enjoy with butter.