Magge/Mangalore cucumber is otherwise called coloured cucumber which is yellow in colour. This dosa is really good one for the morning breakfast, even kids and the old people love it as the texture is very soft. They are made in different style like fermenting and non fermenting method. This does not require any fancy ingredients as they are very simple and easily available at everyone’s kitchen.
- 2 cups Dosa rice
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup beaten rice
- 3/4 th grated coconut
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Oil for roasting
- Soak rice for 2 hours .
- Grind along with coconut, cucumber to a smooth paste without adding water(As the cucumber itself has water content in it).
- Add beaten rice, jaggery and salt and grind further.
- Remove this batter in a vessel and ferment overnight.
- Prepare dosas in the morning spreading the batter on hot tava smeared with oil. Spread the batter a little and roast on both the sides of the dosa.
- Can add more jaggery for sweet version.
- Can roast only side if it is closed with a lid after the batter is spread on the tava.
For the spicy chutney:
Grind coconut with dry red chillies,garlic 1 pod,roasted gram dal (optional) 1 tsp,jeera 1/4 tsp and salt to a smooth paste adding little water.no seasoning required.