All of you may know that Ambado (Hog Plum) do have two verities. One is sour and other one is sweet. This is a lip smacking sweet dish of GSB using sweet one. This is very familiar in Mangalore side. Above all this is my favorite too.
- Godu Ambado – 8.
- Grated coconut – ½ coconut
- Roasted Red Chilly – 5
- Roasted Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Grated Jaggery – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi Seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Godu Ambade Sukke
- Wash, smash and cook Ambado in a pan using little water.
- Add Jaggery and cook.
- Grind grated coconut, red chilly, urad dal with salt to a not so fine paste.
- Add masala and cook in a law flame to a thick consistency (not dry).
- Season with Mustard seeds and Methi seeds.
Godu Ambade Sukke is ready. Enjoy it with hot rice as a side dish.
Add jaggery as per taste.