This is a spicy yummy recipe and even the non-vegetarian GSB’s are interested to cook the sea food with this recipe with some alterations.
- Bhend (lady’s finger) – 10
- Chopped Onion – 1 big
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp.
- Red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – a chickpea size
- Salt to taste.
- Make a paste of tamarind using little water and keep aside.
- Wash all the “Bhend” and dry it wiping with a towel. Cut it into small round pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds allow it to splutter then add onion.
- Sauté and add salt. Continue sautéing till the onion become transparent.
- Add red chilly powder, coriander powder and sauté till the masala cooked
- Add tamarind water, grated coconut and chopped “Bhend” mix well and close the pan with a lid to cook the “Bhend” in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
Bhenda Phanna Upkari is ready. Serve hot with rice as a side dish.