- Urad ( Black Gram) dal, 1 cup
- Moong ( Green Gram) dal, 1 cup
- Ginger, 1 ” piece, grated
- Green chillies, chopped, 3-4
- Hing, (Asafoetida), a pinch
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare the batter by soaking urad dal and moong dal in water for about two to three hours.
- Grind together chopped green chillies, grated ginger, salt and hing, along with the urad dal and moong dal to a smooth paste to make the dosa batter . you can use the batter to make dosas immediately!
To make the dosa:
- Heat the tawa ( griddle.) Sprinkle a few drops of water. When the water sizzles, the tawa is ready for use.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tawa.
- Spread this quickly using the ladle.
- Move outwards from the centre using a continuous spiral motion till the dosa measures about 6 “.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil around it.
- Cook for a couple of minutes till it becomes crisp at the edges.
- Now, flip the dosa and cook the other side till done.
- Serve hot