East or west Patharvodo is the best for a GSB. When we prepare Patharvodo we do it lavishly. Hence the patharvodo will be always in excess. And a GSB knows to prepare many tasty dishes from this excess Patharvodo. This is one among them. It means a gassi in which the main ingredient is Patharvodo. This gassi is of GSB Cochin side.
- Patharvodo small pieces – 8
- Grated coconut – ½ Coconut.
- Red Chillies – 6
- Dharambya sol – one piece
- Haldi – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – ½ tsp.
- Curry leaves few leaves
- Salt to taste
- Grind grated coconut, red chilies with haldi to a fine paste.
- Cook it in a kadai adding dharambya sol .
- Add required water and salt to a thin consistency.
- Now add patharvodo pieces and cook it in a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Season with Mustard seeds, Urad dal, methi seeds and curry leaves.
Patharvodya Gassi is ready. Serve this dish with hot rice.
Remember while adding salt to ghassi , that you have already added salt to patharvodo