This is a sweet side dish using ripe bananas . This is very easy to prepare & can be made to use up over ripe bananas. Most special occasions demand this dish as also in weddings .
- Ripe bananas – 2 big or 4 small
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp s
- Green chilli – 1 chopped finely
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil , mustard seeds , jeera &curry leaves for seasoning
- Mash the bananas along with the chilli slightly so that little pieces of banana remain .
- Grind the coconut to a fine paste.
- Add the paste , sugar and salt and mix well.
- heat the oil . splutter mustard seeds , add the jeera & curry leaves and pour over the dish .
Kelya sassam is ready to be enjoyed as a side dish with rice
You may also add grapes for a change !
Those who want to avoid coconut can simply add 1 cup of thick sweet curds too.
5 replies to “Kelya Sassam”
tasty and nutritious dish..
Nice and tasty
Thank you so much Padmin!