Bhenda Puddi Sagle is a tasty side dish commonly prepared in and around Mangalore. It is more lip smacking when it is prepared with locally cultivated (Urina Bende) lady’s finger.
- Bhende – 250 gms
- ½ coconut – grated.
- Roasted red chilly – 7
- Tamarind – 1 goose berry size
- Roasted coriander seeds – 4 tsps
- Salt to taste.
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
Bhenda Puddi Sagle
- Wash and chop Bhend (Lady’s finger) in to 1½ inch length size.
- Grind a fine masala of grated coconut, red chilly, tamarind, coriander seeds with salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds, methi seeds and sauté.
- Now add ground masala along with chopped bhend and cook in a low flame covering by a lid till it is done.
- Open the lid and stir continuously in high flame till it becomes thick.
Bhenda Puddi Sagle is ready to serve as a side dish with hot rice.