Pickle making is always considered as a time consuming task. But with this not any more, I learnt this quick and easy instant lime pickle from my Mother In Law. A lip smacking recipe.
- Lemon – 6 Nos diced
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – 2″ piece chopped roughly
- Green Chillies (Non spicy ones) – 6 nos cut into 1” pieces
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2tbsp
- Take a thick bottomed vessel. Add water, diced lemons, ginger, salt and green chillies and allow to cook.
- When cooked thoroughly and water has thickened considerably, add the chilli powder and hing and mix well. Check for salt.
- The pickle should have a thick gravy.
- Once cooled store it in air tight bottles in the refrigerator. Can be kept for 15 days.