Summer is here and with it lots of fresh mangoes .Here is an instant very traditional pickle recipe which is very popular .this Sassmidi can be done with Bimbul / Birmi karambal and with Karmbal / star fruit.
- Raw Mango – 1
- Red chillies – 6-8 or red chilli powder – 1 & 1/2 tbsp or as per taste
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp s
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing / asafoetida – 1 / 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Coconut oil- 2 tsps
- Cut the mango into very small pieces . add the salt & keep aside for some time .
- Grind the red chillies , mustard to a fine powder …if using chilli powder you can just smash the mustard seeds with a rolling pin or in a pestle & bowl.
- Add the turmeric powder .
- Now add this masala to the mango pieces .
- Mix well & add the hing .
- Pour the coconut oil over the pickle . this can be used immediately .
- You can refrigerate this for about a week – 10 days ..