“Godu Ambya ghassi” is a sweet dish of amchi kochi. This dish is made of ripe mangoes and is a gorgeous one, served in temple festival feast, marriage feast etc. Irrespective of age, amchi kochi loves this.
- Ripe Mangoes – 5 (fleshy mangoes)
- Grated Coconut – 1¼ Cup (1 cup for masala and ¼ cup for roasting)
- Red Chilly – 1
- Grated Jaggery – 1½ cup
- Haldi powder – ¼ tsp.
- Rice flour – 1 tsp.
- Oil 2 tbsp. – (1 for seasoning and other 1 for roasting coconut )
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves few.
- Salt a pinch.
3. Grind a fine masala of 1 cup grated coconut, red chilly haldi powder and rice flour.
4. Add this Masala to cooked mangoes and bring to boil. Add water if necessary to maintain a medium thick consistency.
5. Season with 1 tbsp. oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves
6. Roast ¼ cup of grated coconut in 1 tbsp. oil. When it becomes golden brown, add to the dish.
Mix well.Godu Ambya ghassi” is ready to serve.
Note :- Use Jaggery as per your taste.