This Is a very tasty spicy side dish & is an excellent combination with dosas idlis , sandans . rice etc. this is very easily &quickly made .
Ingredients ; –
- Bimbul/ birmikarmbal / bimbli – a handful ( preferably very small ones – use them as whole – if you are using big ones chop into pieces )
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp or more as per taste
- Hing – 1/ 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- curry leaves
- Heat the oil , add mustard seeds . After they splutter add the dal , methi & curry leaves
- When the seasoning is still hot ( not very hot ) add the chilli powder & stir so as not to burn it .
- Add the bimbuls & a little water to cook it . add the salt . let it simmer on low flame till they have cooked and desired consistency is got .
- Add the hing & keep covered for some time .
Serve with any breakfast dishes .