Potato is always found in any household !! so when you need a side dish that is quick & easy to make ..just grab a potato & make this very popular GSB dish – Kooka / batata humman for a side dish for your idllis , dosas , rice etc.
- Potato – 1 large – peeled & chopped into small pieces .
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp ( more if you like it very spicy! )
- Tomato -1
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds & curry leaves for seasoning!
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in kadai & prepare the seasoning
- When the oil is still hot add the chilli powder & hing . be careful not to burn it . .
- Chop the tomatoes & add them along with the potato pieces into the kadai .
- Add half a cup of water & salt to cook .
- Switch off when the potatoes have well cooked . retain a little gravy too .
Serve with any breakfast dish or pejj!!