Summer means the arrival of mangoes & GSB s have so many dishes to enjoy ripe mangoes – truly called – the King of Fruits !! So the next time you get small ripe mangoes of the local variety .- dont think twice before attempting this lip-smacking Godda Ambya Humman! ,,This is such an easy & tasty recipe with a variety of flavours given by the sweetness of mangoes , the seasoning & the spiciness of the hero of this dish being – freshly crushed black Pepper!! altogether this gives a heavenly aroma ..So just try it out!!
Ingredients ; –
- Small ripe mangoes ( preferably medium ripe & thin skinned – 3
- Jaggery – grated – 1 cup or as per taste
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – freshly crushed – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- red chili- 2
- Jeera – 1 /2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – preferably coconut oil.
- Slice off two large pieces of the mango retaining the part with the seed as such as seen in the pic below. If the mango is thick skinned , you may peel it – otherwise retain skin .
- Add a little water to just cook the mangoes !
- Add a little water to the jaggery to just melt it & strain off impurities . then add the rice flour & ground pepper & mix well to avoid any lumps . if you are adding the Jaggery as such , then mix the flour & pepper in a little water to avoid lumps .
- Add this to the mangoes & start to cook .
- Bring to a boil & then simmer for about 4-5 minutes .Now switch off flame .
- Prepare a seasoning with the mustard , jeera , red chillis & curry leaves!
- Pour this over the mangoes .!! now enjoy the aroma & taste of a very yummy dish !
You can make this as a special side dish for special occasions or just because you want to have this !!
You can add the Black pepper in the seasoning also instead of along with the jaggery!