This is a very easy Spicy curry that can be used as a side dish for Idlis, Dosas, etc.
- Raw Mango – 2
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cut the raw mango into cubes. Apply salt on the pieces & keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard. Add urad dal & fenugreek seeds to it. Saute for a couple of seconds till urad dal starts becoming golden.
- Now add the marinated raw mango pieces & saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder to this (I added Kashmiri chilli powder for getting the fiery red colour) & saute well keeping on low flame. Also add salt to it. Take care not to add more salt since we had applied salt on the mango pieces.
- Now add water to this & mix well. Let it boil.
- Once it boils, add a dash of coconut oil on top & a pinch of hing. Mix well .
If you feel that its of runny consistency, mix 1 tsp of cornflour or rice flour with little water & add to the curry & boil for a couple of minutes.
One reply to “Ambya Thiksani Humman”
Simple to make yet very tasty. Enjoyed this dish.