Are you bored with the routine bread sandwich and toast,then here is our own amchi bread upkari for you all.This is a very tasty and delicious breakfast/evening snack which can be prepared within minutes.This is very popular among Mangalore side GSBs !This can be prepared with leftover bread too and I am sure that everyone would love this including the kids and elders at home.Here is my version of bread upkari.
- Bread slices : 5 nos
- Onion : 1 Big
- Tomato : 1 ripen
- Green chilli : 1no
- Dry Red chilli : 1 no
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce : 1-2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard : 1 tsp
- Jeera : 1tsp
- Urad dal : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Corainder Leaves: 1 spring
- Oil : 1-2 tsp
- Cut bread into squares/tear it into small pieces.
- Heat oil add urad dhal and allow it to become little brown
- .Now splutter mustard and jeera seeds in the same oil.Also add chopped green, & dry red chillies,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Now add the chopped onions,ginger garlic paste,saute them till the raw smell comes out and the onions are transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt and turmeric powder and saute till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Pour tomato sauce and mix well till the oil separates to the sides.
- Now add the roughly chopped bread pieces and mix well till the masala is fully coated to each piece of bread.
- Bread Upkari is ready to serve with tea/coffee or with your favourite chilled drink.
1.If you don’t like to add tomatoes/sauce or ginger garlic paste you can exclude it and rest of the method is same.
2.You can also add grated ginger in place of ginger garlic paste,and if u skip tomatoes/sauce can add chilli powder/sambhar powder too.
3.If you wish to add capsicum,just chop it and saute it after frying tomatoes.
Hope you all would love this and enjoy this new dish.
5 replies to “Bread Upkari”
Thank u Ashakka for recipe…..was very Yummyyyyy
fabulous…thnks a lot for the recipe ..luved it…
thanks Sujatha s shenoy for the try
thank u priya