- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Rava (bombay rava ) – 2 and half cups ( same measuring cup for the rava & urad)
- Ginger – 1” piece chopped
- Green chillies – 3 to 4
- Soak urad dal in water for almost 4 hours .
- Now grind it to a smooth fluffy batter like we do for normal idlies.
- Soak rava in some water . (You can take the water which you used to wash the grinder after grinding urad dal) for 15 minutes.
- Now mix it with the urad dal batter.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Add salt ,mix well and you can immediately prepare the idlies .
- Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes .
- Its ready.
- We usually prefer coconut chutney or sambar or spicy surna nonche..
1. If you prefer ,you can also roast the rava in low flame for around some 5 minutes or till the nice aroma comes.
2. If you are using roasted rava available in the markets then you can avoid the first note.
3. Those who don’t like to bite into the ginger and green chillies , can add them along with urad dal while grinding.
4. Remember that this requires no fermentation and hence you can soak the urad dal overnight and grind in the morning.