Ovro / field beans is used to make a variety of dishes by GSBs – Ovrya Humman being a very tasty side dish . My family likes it with hot piping dosas and to have as such too . I usually make it very spicy as they love it that way with my son adding lots of Coconut oil too in it !
I dedicate this to my amma who taught me this – today being the day she left us for her heavenly abode eleven years ago !
- Ovro / Field Beans – 200 gms – to be soaked overnight
- Red chilies – – 6-7 as per taste- more if you want it spicy
- Raw Rice – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1 /2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil , mustard & curry leaves for seasoning
3.Dry grind the rice in a mixer – first till powdered . Then add the chilies & just a little water .
5. Add more water according to the consistency you require and bring it to a boil
6. Check for salt . Let it simmer for about 10 minutes .
7. Prepare seasoning with oil . mustard & curry leaves .
8. Add hing & switch off flame ..add the seasoning & cover with a lid .
Serve hot with dosas , idlis & even rice !
You can also use Tingalavre to do the same recipe ..also instead of hing , you may use garlic seasoning for tingalavre !