Here is a very healthy Patholi made with Ragi & dates done our own amchi way!
This recipe is courtesy my friend – Asha Sunil
- Ragi flour – 2 cups.
- Coconut grated -1/2 cup
- Dates -15 to 20 ( you may substitute with Jaggery also – 3/4 cup to 1 cup
- Mysore kele .(small banana) – 2
- pinch of salt .
- Grind the grated coconut , dates & bananas to a smooth paste . without adding water
- .Now add the ragi flour so that you get a thick paste .
- Spread out thinly in turmeric leaves . ( you may also use banana leaf instead too.).
- Fold the leaves so that the batter does not spill out .
- Place them carefully in a steamer & steam for about 15 – 20 mts .
- Check for doneness .
- Serve hot with ghee !
One reply to “Ragi Dates patholi”
It looks mouth watering