Gova Kona Upma is a very healthy breakfast dish or even as a light dinner . Good for diabetics & rich in fibre we can include this as often as possible in our diets .
- Gova Konu / broken wheat – 1 & 1/2 cups
- Green chillies – 3-4 or as per taste
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp or less as per need
- Salt to taste
- Coconut grated – 2 tbsp – optional
- Heat kadai & add the oil . Splutter mustard seeds , then add jeera .
- After they have popped , add slit green chilies & the curry leaves.
- When they have roasted well , add 3 cups of water ( double the amount of gova konu) .
- Add salt & let the water boil , add the gova konu ( you may clean it with water if you feel its not clean & then drain water ) to the hot water .
- Cover & let cook on medium flame .
- When the konu has cooked well & turned soft , switch off flame .
- Garnish with grated coconut & serve hot with any kind of spicy dish or fries .