This is one of the easiest of Payasus popular with the Kochi GSBs . This is a dry type of paysu & almost always made with already cooked rice . Since this is very often made for Shraddh jevans … a part of the Cooked rice made for the jevan is used … This Konkani dish makes it easy also for the person who has to cook so many other items too . this can be made with leftover rice too as a quick & healthy snack for all !
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery (grated ) – 1/2 cup
- Coconut grated – 2 tbsps
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp – (optional )
- salt – a pinch
- Take the rice in thick bottomed pan / kadai . Add some water & cook till it has become very soft.
- Add the Jaggery and salt and continue cooking till it has become dry.
- Add the Ghee (you may avoid it if you want it oil free ) and the coconut . Mix well & let cook on slow flame for a few minutes .
- Add the cardamom and serve hot . you may also garnish with ghee roasted cashews & kishmish too