When I as a kid returned from school- hungry & tired – a nutritious snack would be waiting for me . Its aroma would fill the house and we would run to wash and change so that we would be able to eat the delicacy – and that is – the Nenderbale kele bhajjille . Ripe or even over ripe nenderbale kelas would be tawa fried with oodles of ghee & topped with sugar . Which kid can refuse to eat this ?? So try out this as an evening snack or anytime snack !! Even kids can do this by themselves with adult supervision!
- Ripe (or even over ripe ) nenderbale kelas ( popularly known as Kerala bananas ) – 2
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- sugar to garnish
- Remove the skin & halve the bananas .
- Then slit them lengthwise into 2 or 3 slices .Arrange them in a pan or tawa . Keep gas on sim .
- Add the ghee over the pieces .let them fry to a golden brown .
- Then turn them to fry on the other side . when they are done , arrange the slices on a plate & drizzle sugar on top .
Enjoy this nutritious & filling treat while inhaling the heavenly aroma !
Note :- Kids can take the help of adults for slicing the bananas !!