As season of Sopoor kook / Kooka /Chinese potato has started lets us try this combination with raw banana and onion. A lip smacking side -dish ..you will be left asking for more !
- Sopoor kook – cleaned and cut into cubes – 1 /2 cup
- Bangbale kelas / Plaintains – peeled and cut into cubes – 1/2 cup
- Onion peeled and cut into cubes – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Crushed red chilly – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai ,add mustard seeds when it splutters add crushed red chilly and red chilly powder .
- Saute for a while .
- Add onion chopped saute till the colour changes
- Add sopoor kook and mix well .
- Add salt and cover with a lid adding enough water &continue cooking
- When it is half cooked , add the raw banana cubes .
- Again cover it and let cook till done .
- Remove the lid and mix it well and Check the salt .
- A tasty upkari is ready to relish with hot rice .