Besan ladoo is something I generally make during the beautiful festival of lights. Without these delicious ladoos, my Diwali seems incomplete. Of course you needn’t wait up to Diwali to try making these. Can definitely be made and enjoyed through out the year.
- Besan – 3 cups
- Sugar powdered- 2 and 1/4 cups
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Cardamom finely powdered- 7 to 8
- Almonds and cashews roasted and chopped- 2 table spoon
- Pistachio finely chopped- 1 tablespoon
The yield from this recipe is about 25 to 30 ladoos depending upon the size of course. One can just halve or double the recipe as per requirements. What you see in the picture above is of 9 cups (standard cup that is used in baking) besan. The yield was about 85 ladoos.
- Roast besan on a slow flame, adding ghee little at a time.
- Adding all the ghee in the beginning itself will make the mixture too heavy and difficult to stir.
- The entire process of roasting the besan will take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, nuts and stir well and take off heat.
- Let it cool for a while. Finally add the powdered sugar and mix it well with your hands.
- Shape it into ladoos and decorate with finely chopped pistachios.