Gonva kano or broken wheat khichadi is a traditional sweet prepared by the amchies mostly during the “Pushya’ Month . The broken wheat and the chanadal sautéed in ghee along with grated coconut and sugar is a very lip smacking khichadi. So here goes the recipe…
- Broken wheat – 1 cup
- Chana dal – 3/4 th cup
- Sugar – 1 n half cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Ghee- 1/4 cup
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
- Roast chana dal for a few minutes till you get a nice aroma .
- Keep it aside to cool ,Later wash it well ..
- Now pressure cook it along with broken wheat adding sufficient water.
- Take 1 whistle on high flame and 2 whistle on low flame.
- Now make sugar syrup till double thread consistency is achieved .
- Add cooked broken wheat dal mix and sauté well .
- Add grated coconut too and mix continuously adding ghee in between .
- Stir till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix .
- You can also add fried cashews and raisins.
Gonva kana sakkare khichadi is ready to relish..!