Kulitha Idli recipe is already given in this blog ! Now for a unique dosa recipe with kulithu / horse gram – a very nutritious pulse . This dosa batter has to be fermented ..so you will have to prepare the batter the previous day itself . This polo is very tasty & best had with a spicy chutney for a morning breakfast .
|Kulitha polo with spicy coconut chutney & polya puddi|
- Raw rice – 2 cups
- Kulithu / horse gram – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 6
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- Soak the rice & horse gram separately for about 4 hours & 5 hours respectively.
- Soak the red chilies & pepper too for about half an hour .
- Grind the horse gram , grated coconut , chilies & pepper to a fine paste .
- Grind the rice also similarly to a fine paste .
- Mix both the batters well , add the salt . Mix again & let ferment for the night .
4 replies to “Kulitha Polo”
A healthy dish and will try
Thank You for trying !
Nutricious and tasty dish. Its almost forgotten dish now a days. However thanks for adding this nice recipe on your blog.