1. Tur dal – 1/2 cup
2 . Lady’s finger (bhend ) – 12 to 15
3. Tomatoes – 3
4. Tamarind – small piece
To roast in little oil
1. Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
2. Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
3. Urad dal – 1 tsp
4. Jeera – 1/2 tsp
5. Methi /fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
6. Pepper corns – 5 to 7
7. Red chillies – 10 to 12
8. Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Pressure cook tur dal
- Cook chopped bhindies and tomatoes in the dal adding salt..
- Roast together all the ingredients given under the list adding around 1 tsp of oil .
- Fry till the coconut becomes brown and the nice aroma fills your kitchen…
- Grind this roasted ingredients along with tamarind adding sufficient water to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked bhindies ….
- Let the kolmbo boil well….& then switch off flame ..
- Crush some handful of curry leaves on your palms and spread over the kolmbo…
- Make a seasoning of mustard and one or two broken red chillies and pour it over the kolmbo..
- A lip smacking Kolombo is ready ….
- Enjoy with steaming rice and do not forget to crush one or two pappads in that….Almost a heavenly combo…….
This recipe does not require onion ….
Same recipe can be applied to mixed vegetables too….