Tapioca – kappa or badi kanang as called in konkani is used to make a variety of delicious dishes . here is a very easy upkari that can be made with this .
- Tapioca – 1/2 kg or as needed .
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp – or per your spice needs .
- Oil & Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Cut into reasonable sized pieces ,
- Remove the skin , Do not throw it away as that too can be used to make frys .
- Clean thoroughly
- Pressure cook adding salt & turmeric powder till they are well cooked.
- These pieces along with a spicy mix ( chilli powder,salt & coconut oil ) can be had as a filling breakfast or evening snack .
- For the upkari ,chop the cooked pieces into smaller ones ( you may chop into small pieces & then cook too but this I feel is easier to cut .)
- Heat a kadai with oil . Splutter mustard seeds . switch off . Add hing & chilli powder in d warm oil . take care not to burn it .
- Add the chopped pieces & mix well . check for salt.
- Cover & let cook on a small flame till the flavours blend well .
- Serve hot with rice or even as a snack !
You may also add chopped green chillies instead of chilli powder and garnish with coriander leaves for extra flavour .