Some time back I shared the recipe of the traditionally made dish Shevai with white rice or string hoppers. Today I am sharing the sweet version which can be made for evening snacks from leftovers . My mother used to make it and she prepares it even now as I love it , in fact I request her to keep some to make this dish. A very simple recipe but very delicious which can be made very quickly. Do try it the next time you prepare shevai and have some left.
- Leftover shevai or string hoppers as required
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of grated or crushed jaggery
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Mix the coconut with crushed jaggery and cardamom powder and mix well, can be done in mixer or using pestle and mortar or simply use your hands to mix them very well.
- Now add the shevai and gently give a mix till all blends well.
- If you like keep some tiny pieces of coconut and jaggery and use for garnishing.
Enjoy for evening snacks or anytime of the day for sudden sweet cravings