Drumstick flowers are now abundant as all the drumstick trees around are blooming !! Besides enjoying the drumsticks & its leaves GSBs make use of the beautiful flowers too to make delicious side dish !!
So let s see how to make this yum sukke !
- Drumstick flowers – 1 cup ( a few leaves too can be added besides )
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind – a very small piece
For seasoning :-
- Red chillies – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 /2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Heat oil & splutter the mustard seeds . then the chillies and the urad dal & methi seeds .
- When they turn golden brown add the cleaned flowers along with some leaves .
- Grind coarsely the coconut along with the tamarind & turmeric powder .
- Add it the flowers sprinkling a little water .
- Cover & cook on low flame . Switch off when done & serve hot with rice or paej as a side dish.