This is a very easy side dish that can be made in summer seasons when you will have Jack fruit seeds & brined mangoes ! This goes very well with idlis & dosas !
- Jack fruit seeds – 1/2 cup ( white skin removed & sliced )
- Colcassia (mande ) – 1/2 cup (sliced )
- Bitter gourd – 1/4 cup (sliced )
- Brined Mango (noncha ambo) – 1 (sliced )
- Chilli powder – 1tbsp – or as per taste
- Salt if needed
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Oil & mustard seeds for tempering
- Heat oil & splutter the mustard seeds . add a little of curry leaves too .
- Add the chilli powder & the hing carefully so as not to burn it !
- Now add all the sliced veggies and a little water so as to cook the veggies .
- Now add the brined mango & cook for another two minutes !
- Check for salt & add only if needed .
- Switch off when its boiling well .
Serve with idlis & dosas as a dip !
Preferably use coconut oil for this !