Come rainy season & you can find Ekpani leaves ( also known as Brahmi ) flourishing . So many dishes can be made of these leaves which have medicinal use against so many ills .. I have already given Ekpani chutney recipe .. Now please try out this tasty kadi too !
- Ekpani leaves with the stalk – 2 hands full – cleaned well with water
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Roasted Red Chillies – 3- 4 or as per taste
- Tamarind – 1 chick pea sized ball
- Jeera – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp , some curry leaves & Oil for seasoning
- Roast the jeera in a little oil .
- Now grind the leaves , coconut ,tamarind , jeera & red chillies to a smooth paste adding a little water .
- Pour this into a pan , add salt and bring to a boil .
- Add water according to the consistency you desire .
- Season with the mustard seeds & curry leaves .
Serve hot with steaming rice for a wonderful meal !