This is a very unique konkani curry . its taste will leave you asking for more !! here is how to make this !
- Ladies fingers / bhenda – 5-6
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 5
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Haldi powder – 1/4 tsp
- Rice powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
For seasoning :-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Roast the coriander seeds .
- Cut the bhende into 1 &1/2 inch pieces .
- Grind the coconut , red chillies , tamarind , coriander , haldi , rice powder to a smooth paste .
- Transfer the paste to a pan . You may add required water too to get the medium consistency as shown in the pic
- Add salt and bring to a boil .
- Now add the bhende & cook on simmer for 2 more minutes . Switch off
- Make a seasoning with the ingredients in the list . pour it over the curry !
A tasty Ghashi is ready to serve with rice !
One reply to “Bhenda Ghashi”
Very tasty recipe. Loved it. Thank you!!