My grand mother always created magic while preparing combo upkaries. She always combined all sorts of veggies and prepared upkaries .Still remember the amazing combo they made with hot steaming pej as breakfast . ( Yes, you heard it right .I always loved pej and upkaries as breakfast ) . Gabbo and raw bananas where found abundantly at my home .So this combo upkari was a regular one at my home. So here goes the recipe
- Gabbo (banana stem ) chopped thinly – 1 and half cups
- Raw banana (preferable nendrabale /kerala plantain) – 2
- Red chilies – 5-7 as per taste
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds &oil for seasoning
- Heat oil and add mustard .When they splutter add the red chillies .
- Add the chopped vegetables.
- Saute for a while and add little water for them to cook.
- Cover and cook till they are done.
- In the end add grated coconut .
- Stir for a few more minutes and turn off ..
- Its ready….
2 replies to “Gabbo Kele Upkari”
God bless you!Immanuel(Catholic blogwalking)