Some upkaris (stir fries) taste too good when they are prepared combining two or more vegetables . Some combos which you may feel odd to combine can result in the tastiest upkaries.So here is the recipe of such a combo which I learnt from my grandmother. It makes a lovely combo with rice and especially with steaming pejj…
1 . Tendle ( ivy gourd ) cut lengthwise – 1 cup
2. Bikkand ( jackfruit seeds ) cut lengthwise – 3/4 cup
3. Mashingha sangh ( drumstick) – 2
4 Red chillies – 5 to 7
5. Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
6. Mustard seeds & Oil for seasoning
- Heat oil in a pan or kadayi.
- Add mustard seeds and red chillies.
- When they splutter add the vegetables.
- Stir for some time and then add sufficient water for them to cook.
- When almost done ,add almost 1/2 cup of grated coconut and mix well..
- Keep on low flame to roast well for a few more minutes .
- Turn off and its ready..
Adding coconut is optional .you can prepare this upkari without adding coconut too.But coconut does enhances the taste !