Coming back to the recipe, Kismuri is a side dish that is made with fresh coconut and other spices in it.The raw onions combined with the coconut masala and crunchy suran gives a wonderful taste.
Just going back to the childhood days we children at home used to finish off the fried surnu even before its added to the masala.Now my daughter demands the same.So I fry little more and retain some for her before adding the masala to it.This is a good old scrumptious recipe.
- 1 cup :- Suran bits
- 1/2 cup : – Onions chopped finely
- 1/2 cup :- Coconut grated
- 1 tsp :- Coriander seeds
- 3-4 :- Red chillies
- 1-2 green chilly
- Marble size tamarind
- salt to taste.
- Oil for deep frying
- Chop suran into small squares,apply salt and keep for 30 mnts/1 hr.
- Squeeze all the water from it and deep fry them till brown and crisp.
Besides this ,grind grated coconut,red chillies,coriander,tamarind and salt together with very little water to a coarse paste.
Remove this masala in a bowl.Add finely chopped onions,green chilly and mix well.
Finally before serving add the fried crispy suran bits mix well and serve immediately.
- You can fry more suran and store them in a airtight container.Mix them whenever necessary.
- Use minimum quantity of water to grind the masala.
- If you dont prefer grinding coconut masala,in that case can add just grated coconut alone with the raw onions,chillies n suran bit.