The unripe fruits have to be separated and washed well to remove the seeds. then cut them into quarters !
- Rhumbad – quartered – 2 cups
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp or as per taste
- salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp & oil for seasoning
1. After chopping – the seeds of the fruit have to be removed , they are very tiny and so you can remove them in two ways . either drop them in a vessel of water & wash well & drain the fruits . or you can add salt to them & keep for a while . when you see it has left water ..you can slightly crush with your palms . squeeze the water out and then winnow to remove the seeds . the fruit is ready to be cooked now !
2. Heat a kadai & prepare the seasoning .
3. Switch off the stove and add the chilli powder ensuring that you do not burn it . Now add the rhumbad and some water to cook . add salt if needed