One more of our nearly forgotten amchi dish – Rhumbada Elchikeri ..I have already given the benefits of Rhumbad / Cluster figs in an earlier post. now here is another dish that you can try out & enjoy !
- Moong / Green gram – 1 cup
- Rhumbad – 1/3 cup ( quartered & deseeded)
- Coconut grated -1 cup,
- Red chillies – 2-3
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp,
- Salt to taste,
For tempering ;-
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp,
- Cumin seed (jeera) -1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut grated & roasted to a golden brown – 2 tsps
- Pressure cook the moong & rhumbad till soft .
- Make a smooth paste of coconut , turmeric & red chillies (this dish should NOT be spicy).
- Add this paste the moong & rhumbad . Add salt and bring to a boil
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard, jeera & curry leaves . Add this to the curry Finally add grated & dry roasted coconut
Enjoy this with hot rice & any fried pappads !